Monday, June 2, 2014

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream review

For my first product review, I thought it would be nice to start with a face product that has been really hot this season - BB creams. BB creams have been around for a while. I have used ones from L'Oreal, Garnier, and the Dream Fresh BB Cream from Maybelline.

BB creams are great, because they give you the coverage of a foundation without feeling caky and heavy. They also create a dewy finish, which is perfect for summer!

This new BB cream from Maybelline; however, has an ingredient that most do not: salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is used to help prevent and diminish the appearance of acne.



According to Maybelline's website: The Dream Pure BB Cream is their first blemish fighting BB cream that helps to clear skin with 8 great skin benefits! It has 2% salicylic acid and it is geared towards those with combination and/or blemish-prone skin.

They claim this product will: clear acne, conceal imperfections, minimize the look of pores, reduce the appearance of redness, adjust to skin tone, hydrate and smooth the skin, enhance and clarify the skin, and is oil-free, with a lightweight feel.

I have used this product for about two weeks now, in the shade light, and I can definitely say that accomplished 6 out of the 8 claims listed.

I purchased this product because I was breaking out excessively and a lot of my foundations were only making the acne worse, so I decided to look for something that would actually help the acne. This product definitely fit that category. After the second time using this product, my acne was cleared! I was shocked!

Although it does help with the breakouts; it is very lightweight and it has light coverage, which means that it does not conceal very well, unless you build it up. You also should use a primer to help with the pores, because even though it does adjust to your skin tone and smooth things out, throughout the day your pores will become more noticeable; however, a primer helps with that.

I had high hopes for this product and it exceeded all of my hopes and expectations. This BB cream is the perfect summer-time make-up essential. It is light enough to wear when you want something quick and easy, but also can be layered to the point where it is a full coverage BB cream that could be on a summer night out.

Everyone will be asking you about your radiant skin and dewy glow, I can assure you!

xo
Sara Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment