Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Essentials

Now that summer is finally here, it is time to take out those "must-have" products that will help us survive these next hot months.

I have five summer essentials that I always use. Whether I'm at home, at work, or on vacation, these five products keep me looking good during summer months.




Numero uno is sunscreen. I am ghostly pale, which means I turn into a lobster in the summer. Sunscreen keeps me from turning red, but also allows me to develop a natural tan. The one I have been loving lately is the Hawaiian tropic sunscreen. This stuff is on point! First off, it's in a spray bottle (need I say more?) and it has a wonderful scent that isn't too sunscreeny (if that is even a word). Two thumbs up from the Irish girl!




Along with sunscreen for the body, you need sunscreen for your lips! I can't tell you how many times I've neglected protecting my lips from the sun and then immediately regretted it. My favorite of the moment is the Coola LipLux in SPF 30. This stuff is crazy good. This product is 70% certified organic, hypoallergenic, UVA/UVB protection, filled with vitamins and antioxidants, water resistant and has no nano-sized particles. All of that means that this product is the bomb.com and you need it in your life ASAP.



My third necessity is deodorant. No one wants to be walking around during the summer smelling like a hot (literally) mess. The Secret Clinical Strength deodorant has worked wonders for me. This is the stress induced kind. It keeps me smelling delightful even during the hottest (or most stressful) situations.



This next product is an all year round, travel, holy grail product of mine. The Caudalie beauty elixir has a cult following and rightfully so. One spritz sends you to a spa-like haven. It's incredibly relaxing and soothing for those stressful days. It is also refreshing and awakening, which is great for the hot summer months when you need a little pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I use this before I put my makeup on just to add more moisture to my skin. I also bring this while traveling. It calms me down and gets me into "vacation-mode" that much faster!



Lastly, moisturizing is important all year round, but especially during those extreme weather months! Whether is summer or winter no one wants to go walking around with dry, flaky legs. My go-to moisturizer for the summer has been the Vaseline Spray and Go moisturizer. This stuff seriously works. It dries so fast, while at the same time keeping me super moisturized! Which is perfect for summer, because walking around sticky from lotion is not my idea of fun.


These next favorites are on my wish list! Check them out and let me know what you think. Also, what are your go-to, must-have, summer essentials! I'd love to know and even expand my collection!

*Wish List*
Sun hat, this one from J. Crew is divine!
Cute sandals, these gold ones from Jack Rogers are perfect with a nice summer glow!
Sunglasses, you can never go wrong with a classic Ray Ban, especially in tortoise.

xo
Sara Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment