Sunday, June 1, 2014

Summer Night Out

Since it is the first day of June, I thought it was appropriate to create a summery bronzed glowing look for last Friday when I went out. It is a very easy look to recreate and will definitely last through out the summer night!



*Disclaimer* The picture quality is not that good, I am still learning and adapting, so please be patient with me :)

OK, here we go!


Bronzed Summer Glow

Step one: Eyes

1. I started off by priming my eyes with the L'oreal magic decrease eye primer.
2. I then used a combination of the Naked Basics palette and the Naked palette.
    -Naked Basics
      -Foxy all over the lid and up to the brow bone, as a highlight.
    -Naked Palette
      -Naked in the crease
      -Halfbaked all over the lid, and also in the inner corner of the eye and on the lower lash line. Then I blended the shadow into naked like a crazy woman.
      -Smog in the outer "v" of the eye, and blend.
      -Finally, Darkhorse in the very outer corner for some depth and to create some dimension. I also cut-crease with this color as well to open up my eye a little more.
3. After blending the heck out of the eye shadows, I used the Jordana 12 hour made to last black eyeliner on the tightline and the waterline and smudged the eyeliner in with halfbaked on the lower lash-line.
4. I then curled my lashes using the Revlon eyelash curler and used one coat of the Covergirl clump crusher mascara in very black. I also placed this on my lower lashes as well.
5. I decided to go all out for that night, so I used fake lashes (if I don't use lashes then I normally use the Diorshow max eyelash primer--As shown in the picture above). The lashes I used were the Ardell Natural Demi lashes in 120 with the Duo glue in clear. Personally, I think these are perfect for a night out, they are a statement but still wearable.
6. Lastly, I wanted to cover the glue (a little of it was peeking out) so I used the Jordana fabuliner in black. I created a very thin band that went from the inner corner to the outer corner of my eye.




Step two: Face

1. For the face, I wanted to go fresh and dewy, but first I moisturized my lips with the Nivea lip butter in the vanilla macadamia nut scent. Then I used the Porefessional primer by Benefit on my T-zone and lightly on the rest of my face. This really helps with my oily skin and the lasting power of my makeup base.
2. I then used the NEW Maybelline Pure Dream BB cream. This stuff is perfect for summer! This product has salicylic acid in it to help with acne *A product review will be up this coming week!*
3. I then used the Instant Age Rewind concealer from Maybelline in the shade light for under my eyes and for any blemishes that were visible.
4. After that, I used a cream highlighter from Rimmel called the Magic Perfection. Guys, this stuff is spectacular! I am in the shade 125 light. I put this in a "v" under my eyes, on my chin, cupids bow, bridge of the nose, and a little on the forehead. It really gives a natural glow and just lightens up the face a touch.
5. To stick with the cream products, I used the NYX cream blush in Glow. A little goes a long way with this product, so be light handed! It really does give a gorgeous dewy glow to the face, though.
6. I then set everything with the Coty Airspun powder in translucent.
7. To create a longer lasting look, I set my blush with the Tarte 12 hour Amazonian Clay blush in frisky.
8. I then lightly contoured using the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light. I did this by focusing on the hollows of my cheeks, my temples of the forehead, on the sides of my nose, and along my jaw line down to my neck.
9. And If I didn't have enough of a glow already, I used the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle on the tops of my cheekbones into a "c" above my brow bone, then down the bridge of my nose, on my cupids bow, and a little on my chin.
10. For my brows, I used the Milani Brow Fix and just filled them in, nothing too extreme here. I'm still in the beginning stages of the "bold brows" trend.
11. Finally, the lips. I didn't wanted to do anything bold, because the eyes were enough, so I opted for the L'oreal Color Riche Balm in caring coral.



This will definitely be my go-to summer look this year. Hope you all enjoyed my first make-up look! I look forward to more!

xo
Sara Leslie




No comments:

Post a Comment